These are some guides which you should always remember when you do lot of surfing on internet. The first thing to learn here is to protect your computer from virus, spyware and adwares.
Tips to be safe on the Internet
1. Set auto-protect in Anti-Virus software and scan your computer regularly.
2. Scan your entire hard drive if you happen to download many pages, software, programs, zipped files, exe files, etc.
3. Use your online scanner to scan your computer once a week.
4. Set your adware/spyware checker to scan your computer once in a week.
5. Do not open any attachments in emails from people you do not know.
6. Check the file extension of the attached file. If it is .exe, never ever open it.
7. Do not download free music on the Internet – these free sites are always infected.
8. Do not download any free games from the Internet.
9. Adult sites are particularly prone to viruses.
10. Back up all your data on a daily basis. Use floppy disks, flash drives, memory sticks, zip disks, CD-ROMs, etc.
11. Print out contracts, payment forms, agreements and all legal documents and file them away in a ring-binder.
12. Avoid keeping anything related with your finances, payment details, payment processor passwords, credit card details, etc. on your computer. A hackers are smart and they could easily access all these details, if they are anywhere on your computer.